Banana Pound Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Wonderful fresh banana flavor. Rich and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Beat shortening and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine banana, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to shortening mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
i had a problem w/ my oven so i accidently overbaked it a little. but flavor still came out awesome. banana flavor was enough. for the ones complaining that this didn't have enough banana flavor..maybe it was because they didn't wait to make sure the banana's were ripe enough? i don't know if that's the case...but i did and mine came out yummy and full of banana flavor. i even added chopped walnuts on top. yummy! thank you for sharing a great recipe! will go into our favorites!Reply
see 10 more