Box Mix Banana Pound Cake
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease two loaf pans or a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix all ingredients together, beating for about three or four minutes until thoroughly mixed. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake until done, about 40-45 minutes for large pan, perhaps 35 minutes for loaf pans.
- Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.
- Note1: I've also mixed in a cup or so of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Note2: I've never put on icing, but a glaze or a dusting of powdered sugar would be nice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this into two loaves thinking we would eat one and DH could take one to work; well, the second one is going in my freezer to eat when the first one is gone! It is a lot denser than traditional banana bread since it is made with cake and a little sweeter too for that matter, but it is so good. I used ripe bananas, not over-ripe one like I usually would with banana bread and it was still perfectly flavored. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
Made the one large loaf, with bananas nicely ripe & full of flavor! Also added some freshly toasted walnuts & was very satisfied with that! Especially nice still warm from the oven, but then, most breads & loaves like this are so satisfying at that time! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My screen name is a diminutive in Lithuanian for bread, so you won't be suprised to learn that I love to bake bread. In recent years I have been baking a lot of sourdough breads and have several starters sitting in my refrigerator. But I like to cook a lot of other things, as well, especially from various cultures. The cat wishes I would concentrate on meat and fish... I joined a few years ago but started posting recipes and participating in forums just recently - I wish I had done so earlier. Recipezaar is a great community! Right now I am a co-host for the Breads and Baking and the Eastern Europe forums - I hope to see you there!