- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- In large bowl mix flour baking soda and powder and salt.
- set aside.
- Beat together in large bowl- butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at time beat well after each.
- next add mashed banana beat well.
- Next alternately add buttermilk and flour mixture mix only until dry ingredients are moist.
- Do not over mix.
- Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Line (or grease) muffin pans.
- Fill apx.
- 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake in 400 degree pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I followed the ingredient list and amounts exactly as written. Using an oiled regular size metal muffin pan (plus part of another one), I made 16 muffins. Next time I will make 17 or 18. The directions did say fill 2/3 full, so I should have followed that a bit closer :) My oven is accurate, but I baked them at 375 for 17 or 18 minutes. They are delicious, moist, and sweet! Just the right amount of sugar for a sweet treat. The recipe may have made 12 jumbo muffins, but using a regular size pan, it makes 17 or 18 wonderfully yummy muffins. Be sure to use very ripe bananas to get the sweet banana flavor. Thank you Orenda!
These were absolutely wonderful. Very moist and tasty. My family loved them. Was told, "these are the best banana muffins". I did not add walnuts but may try with them next time. I cooked half without a liner and half with a foil liner. The ones in the foil liner came out much more moist. Thanks for posting.
These were very good and moist and I didn't have to wait an hour for a loaf to cook in the oven. I thought they could have been a little sweeter so next time I might try adding an extra 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sugar, but that's just my taste. I let my mix sit for about 15 min. or so and the banana flavor really shined through. Great way for me to use up some buttermilk too. Thanks for a yummy and easy recipe - will make again.