Banana Cornflour Pancakes
My husband loves these! It's a spin on a recipe I found on a cornflour package. Since I made these he doesn't want the regular pancakes anymore.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- In a large bowl, mix cornflour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Separately, blend eggs, milk, vanilla extract and bananas.
- Pour mixture unto dry ingredients and beat.
- Melt butter and mix in with the rest.
- Heat greased pan and pour half a cup of the mixture at a time. They are kinda tricky to flip over because the mixture is fluffy, so cook them covered, it speeds up the process.
- When top is dry, flip and brown on the other side. All done!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Strawberry Pancakes. My daughter wanted strawberry pancakes. We have loads of frozen strawberries from the garden in the freezer. instead of the bananas: 9oz frozen strawberries. 1 cup of milk instead of 1 1/2 cups. omit the 1/4 cup butter this makes a thin mix, but a good thick pancake using 1/2 cup in a 7 inch frying pan. use a lowish heat and you have to turn the pancake when it is still a little runny on the top. next time I would try with even less milk. We ate them too fast to take a picture of the stack, but here is one loaded with bananas, grapes, blueberries and a little maple syrup.Reply
This was a very good recipe. I had some buttermilk and corn flour that I wanted to use, so I did a search and found this recipe. I even had 2 slightly overripe bananas, so this recipe was made for me. I wasn't sure about using 100% corn flour, so I substituted 2/3 cup of corn flour with all purpose flour. I also added some applesauce and only used 1/2 the butter, but I always substitute at least half the fat when I'm making pancakes. Next time I'll go with all corn flour and all applesauce. With the banana, vanilla and cinnamon, my son didn't even know they were made with corn.Reply
see 3 more