- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 6 large sweet white onions, such as Vidalia
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the grill.
- Peel and wash the onions.
- With the point of a small, sharp knife, cut a 1inch core from the top of each onion.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each onion, securing it with toothpicks, and put 1 teaspoon butter in each core.
- Place each onion on a square of aluminum foil and bring the edges loosely together at the top.
- Grill for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the onions are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Cool the onions for a few minutes, then unwrap and cut in quarters to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!