Baked Italian Herb Chicken
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make a pocket out of foil and place chicken breasts inside.
- Coarsely chop the potatoes (do not peel potatoes) and onions and put inside the foil pocket on top of the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper, butter, Italian herb seasoning and butter. Toss to coat all ingredients well. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Place bay leaf on top.
- Seal the foil pocket and place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes until chicken is done.
- Allow pocket to sit for 5 minutes before you try to open it. The steam is very hot and can burn you.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was ideal for us! My DH & I had a 4-day fishing trip planned for during ZWT w/3 other couples. I decided to make the best of it & pick portable dishes to easily work in that setting. I used chicken wings because breasts are so high-priced here & added mushrooms. I did put the wings on top in the packets because I wanted the chicken to flavour the potatoes & onions when cooked. I double-wrapped the foil packets, cooked them ahead of time, froze them, packed them in the cooler as we left & then grilled them to reheat everything the 2nd nite of our trip. This was tasty & warming at the end of the day w/some red wine & bruschetta. Man, were our friends impressed! Thx for posting.