Baked Chicken & Gravy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- flour (no particular amount)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 -5 lbs cut chicken or 4 chicken breasts
- In a 9x13 inch pan melt margarine.
- Lay pieces of chicken in pan.
- Sprinkle with sifted four, until all is covered.
- Mix milk, soup and onion mix together. Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours uncovered.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was pretty good. I used a healthy version of cream of mushroom soup and that certainly made a difference in my mind on the consistency of the gravy. It was rather thin. Next time I would use the standard version to thicken it up a bit. The taste was good, but the again, the gravy was a bit thin. Thatnks for sharing. Made for 123 Hits Tag.
This was soooo good and easy! I substituted some bacon renderings for the butter and since I was out of milk I used half and half. The only other change I made was to give it a sprinkle of pepper and paprika before putting it in the oven. The gravy was amazing served over some chive mashed potatoes. (2)
I had a large chicken so I doubled everthing but the chcken and butter. This was a quick meal to put together adding garlic and will add onions and mushrooms the next time. I salted the dish but would not do the again due to the onion soup being on the salty side. Thank you for posting Catnip46 a recipe that I will fix again.