photo by WiGal
- Ready In:
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.Spread Olive Oil Evenly Across A Baking Sheet.
- Place Provolone Slices 4 Inches Apart From Each Other And Sprinkle Lemon Pepper and Meat Tenderizer Evenly.
- Place In Oven And Bake For 6-8 Minutes Or Until Slightly Brown Around The Edges And Light Brown In The Center. Let Cool And Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Pretty good, and great idea! I used 2 slices of packaged provolone, and placed on a sil-pat for baking, so I didn't need any olive oil, as it 'fried' in it's own grease. The lemon pepper and meat tenderizer (Adolph's was the brand I used) gave a nice tang to the cheese, with I ate with toasted baguette slices. Thanks for sharing, MiseryGates! Made for Fall PAC 2011.
On a quest for baked cheese-had baked smoked buffalo cheese and loved it! I did not have provolone so used smoked Cheddar. I tried to slice it as thin as possible. I dabbed on a bit of oil and pepper as I was unsure what seasoning meat tenderizer is-I think of those metal meat mallets-lol! Obviously, the thicker the piece the longer it takes-mine took 8 minutes at 350. The cheddar was not a good choice as the baking intensified the salt which is not our bag. Provolone is probably a great choice and next time am going to do it that way. I also put onto parchment paper. Think if you had a special slicing gadget and then cut them into cracker size pieces it would turn out crispy and might be nice and skip the cracker completely. A cheese crisp. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011.