Babette's Colossal CrockPot Chili #Ragu
photo by babette_3333
- Ready In:
- 48 ounces Ragú® Pasta Sauce (old world style tomato sauce)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced in extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb rotini pasta
- 15 ounces black beans
- 2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 48 ounces water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces of mccormick chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, to garnish
- cook/brown italian sausage( 15 min), drain grease. add garlic in oil, onion and sautee for 3-5 minute.
- in crock pot add jar of ragu
- then add stewed tomatoes.
- then add ground sausage (that has been drained of grease).
- then add onions.
- then add garlic.
- then add black beans.
- then add green peppers.
- then add pasta.
- then add water.
- then add chili seasoning packet.
- then mix together.
- medium heat for 1 hr and 30 minute.
- when finished cooking serve in bowl topped with feta cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We had a family gathering coming and decided to surprise everybody with something new. We found this recipe online and it clicked right in place. The taste is awesome and adding one ingredient after the other made our kitchen smell so nice, like preparing food for the soul. The cherry on the pie is the cheese added right before serving. It gives the dish such an unique taste. We have two chefs within the family and even they expressed how pleasing the dish was. Great recipe and unique taste. Thank you.