B B Q Lemon Chicken - Family Favorite
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 8 chicken thighs (skin removed or cut of your choice)
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of, of
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large lemons (cut in halves)
- Special Equipment: I use a mortar& pestle, however a heavy bowl and the end of a rolling pin does the trick too.
- Mix marinade ingredients using mortar and pestle and give a bit of a thump or 3 to bruise rosemary& lemon rind.
- Place chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag (removing any air pockets) massage and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat BBQ to Medium to Medium-High.
- BBQ chicken for approximately 25 minutes (or until done)- turning regularly.
- Squeeze a lemon half over chicken with each turn.
- Serve with salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Unfortunately the weather in our area didn't cooperate with me today, so I ended up cooking this in my grill pan on the stove-top and these turned out excellent. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs that were marinated for 8 hours in the refrigerator. After the chicken was cooked through, I sliced up 2 more lemons and placed them under the broiler for 5 minutes. It was so good that it will be in regular rotation in our house during the summer. Thanks so much Catherine! Made for Spring 2013 PAC!
I'll start by saying that I ate 3 big (from Costco) thighs and had to force myself not to have a fourth! I made the marinade after dinner last night and tucked the chicken into the fridge so it got the full 24 hrs. The flavor is delicious and compelling, it's a sultry siren that keeps beckoning you back for another bite and then another. I used Meyer lemon because I had them but I'm sure that regular lemons would be just as good. The BBQ was my choice cooking but it started raining and I ended putting them under the broiler. They still came out tender, very moist and amazingly delicious. We ordered a side of beef today but I think I'll give my portions to DH and just keep making this recipe!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I used to love buying cooking magazines every month but I found that I would use 1 or 2 recipes if I was lucky. Then I stumbled across Recipezaar in a search engine when looking for inspiration for sausages. I really like the variety and I have gotten some great ideas. Things have changed since that day. I don't waste money on the magazines any more. Now my family are enjoying a new variety of meals, which have been fantastic. <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://c8.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1693325&c=5080288" alt="Counters"></a><a href="http://www.coupons-coupon-codes.com/hsn/">HSN.com Coupon</a>