Awesome Company Chicken Dinner
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and pour the broth over it.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the broth from the pan and save remaining broth for other uses.
- Remove the chicken to a 9x13" baking dish and top with artichokes.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of butter in a skillet over medium heat and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the 1/2 cup of reserved broth and half and half.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Place sauteed mushrooms on the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving to let the sauce thicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Tried this recipe as written ~ overall, very good. Although, extremely rich! I will make this again but with a couple of modifications. I will eliminate the artichoke hearts; they were lost in the sauce. The mushrooms are a MUST. They add a great flavor. I will try using whole milk instead of the half-and-half. The sauce was a bit too heavy for our taste. Because the DH and I really enjoy spicy food, I will add a touch of cayenne to the sauce to give it some zip. Thanks for the recipe, Marie!