Authentic Thai Sauce for Salmon or Chicken
A delicious sauce,making an authentic Thai chicken,or a tasty dressing when drizzled over fish-particularly salmon! Delicious with a crisp green salad.
- Ready In:
- 200 g creamed coconut
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 green chili, depending on personal taste
- 300 g plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- Place the yoghurt in a PLASTIC bowl and add the chillies and Thai spice.
- Take the leaves off the coriander stalks, chop half coarsely, half finely and then add to yoghurt mix.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar; mix well.
- Add the star anise and coconut.
- Leave in the fridge to stand for 1/2 hours.
- Pour over chicken in the last 15/20 minutes of cooking then serve.
- To adapt this to a fish dressing,follow all above steps,and add to fish either under the grill drizzled over in the last 2/3 minutes of grilling--or serve cold as a side dressing in a side dish with a spoon to be drizzled over with a cold green salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION