Asian Noodle Salad With Salmon and Snow Peas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Picnics and Tailgates’
- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed and julliened
- 3⁄4 lb salmon fillet
- 1 lb Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a saucepan 2/3 full of water to a boil.
- Add the carrots and cook for 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out and immerse in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Repeat with the snow peas, cooking them for 1 minute; set aside.
- Remove and discard any errant bones in the salmon.
- Place the salmon in a small roasting pan and bake until opaque throughout, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles, stir, and cook until barely tender and still firm, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water until cooled.
- Drain well, place in a large transportable bowl, and toss with 1 tablespoon canola oil to keep the noodles from sticking together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ¼ cup canola oil, sesame oil, vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic, ginger, chopped basil and mint, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles and toss to coat.
- Add the carrots and snow peas and toss again.
- Carefully toss in the salmon, keeping the pieces intact.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Garnish with mint and basil sprigs.
- Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION