Artichoke Spinach Salad
This might have been in TOH, but my neighbor made this recently for pitch-in party. It was so pleasing to the eye and colorful, that we all enjoyed it even before eating. The dressing was just perfect, used sparingly, and everyone copied her recipe.
- Ready In:
- 12 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained and quartered
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- For dressing, combine vinegar,sugar, salt, mustard, and onion in a blender.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing.