Angel Food Cake With Lemon Honey Yogurt Sauce
- Ready In:
- 12 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- For the cake: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar. Using an electric hand mixer, beat on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat on high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until the mixture forms stiff peaks, about 2 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle the flour over the egg white mixture.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold in the flour until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into an ungreased 10-inch nonstick angel food cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the top is browned and a skewer inserted halfway between the inner and outer wall of the pan comes out clean.
- Invert the pan on a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For the sauce: In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, honey, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Using a spatula, loosen the cake around the sides and middle. Release the cake and place on a serving plate.
- Cut into slices and drizzle with the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!