ALMOND MARASCHINO CHERRY NUT BREAD
photo by Mimi in Maine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs (added one at a time)
- 3 cups sifted flour (either cake or regular flour...I used regular)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (scant if you use salted butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino cherry (packed and chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped) or 3/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk, to make the glaze the consistency you want to drizzle
- Cream butter--add sugar gradually and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating after each.
- Sift flour, salt, and soda and add alternately with the sour cream.
- Add flavorings.
- Chop the cherries; cover them with a paper towel and press a little to absorb some of the juice so the batter won't be red; chop the walnuts.
- Add the cherries and walnuts by hand to the batter.
- Grease the pans with butter and then spray with cooking spray.
- Put batter into two loaf pans, or into a bundt pan if you want a cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees -- loaf pans for about 1 hours and a bundt pan for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or till done -- watch carefully as I don't like them to burn.
- Cool in pans for about 10 minutes and then remove and cool on rack.
- Mix till nice and smooth and drizzle over bread if you choose to.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>John 3:3 <br />Psalm 91 <br /><br />We are born-again Christians and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all our being.? We attend a small Christian and Missionary Alliance church in our town.? <a href=http://www.cmalliance.org>http://www.cmalliance.org</a><br /><br />My family consists of my husband who was a microbiologist but is now retired, two children (daughter and son), four grandchildren, and soon to be two great grandchildren, a girl and a boy. I homeschooled my oldest granddaughter up to a senior in high school. She is now 29 years old. My oldest grandson, who is now 25; my youngest grandson, age 20; my youngest granddaughter is in seventh-grade. Our oldest granddaughter blessed us with our first great granddaughter and soon to be great grandson.? She is the cutest little one.? I love them all. <br /><br />Hosta is my favorite plant, the only plant I own. I now have 123 varieties and they all have names. I add to them each year. I love to do cross stitch, paint, scrapbook, and rubber stamping. <br /><br />I have a rare genetic lung disase called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Type ZZ) that most people have not even heard about. Most doctors may have heard of it but don't know an awful lot about it and so many times it goes misdiagnosed. Feel free to z-mail me if you want to know more about it or go to the website?<a href=http://www.alphaone.org/>http://www.alphaone.org/</a></p>