All-American Cowboy Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Easy No-Cook Dinners. Good with crusty bread.
- Ready In:
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups chunk cooked ham, cubed (8 ounce)
- 3 ripe medium tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 4 ounces chunk monterey jack cheese, cut in long, thick strips
- 1⁄3 cup thin red onion, wedges
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat ranch dressing (light)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 small boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1⁄2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped (Nuts need to rubbed between paper towels to remove excess salt)
- Toss first 7 ingredients in a large bowl to mix and coat.
- Line a large serving platter with lettuce.
- Top with ham mixture; sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
- Any kind of lettuce may be used if can't use Boston.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for the owner of our company for lunch along with Cowboy Biscuits (#103701). He thought it was just perfect, i thought it was just perfect, so this recipe gets 5 stars. I did take the liberty of using half black forest ham and half maple glazed turkey from the local deli. I also mixed in some finely chopped romaine & iceberg to the salad then served over butter lettuce. Again, perfect! Thanks for a great recipe that I will use over and over again!Reply