BLT Chicken Salad
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 3 -4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- 10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place salad greens on a large serving platter.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with eggs.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this to take to picnic at an outdoor concert and it was a big hit. I did let the dressing sit in the fridge for several hours to mix the flavours and it was worth it. I also used more than 1 cup of greens for each salad because this was our main dish. Bearing that in mind, I probably should have (at least) doubled the recipe for the dressing.