Airman Anderson's Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Saw this on Sunny Anderson's show. Cooking for Real on Food Network.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pepper, cayenne
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 1⁄2 cups juice, orange
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, dark brown
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, pour oil in enough to fill the pot about a third of the way. Heat over medium heat until a deep-fryer thermometer inserted into the oil reaches 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet tray with a wire rack. Slice chicken into 2-inch pieces. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to taste. In a paper bag, shake together salt, pepper, flour and cornstarch.
- Dip the chicken in batches, first in egg mixture, then in the flour mixture and shake to coat. Set on wire rack and let sit for 10 minutes. While chicken is resting, prepare sauce. In a large straight sided saute pan combine orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, butter, hot pepper flakes and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Carefully place chicken in hot oil and fry until golden and crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to the saute pan with the sauce and toss until evenly coated. Remove to a serving platter and serve on rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The end result of this recipe in terms of presentation and flavor is 5 stars. However, the instructions (2 steps at the time I made this!) are like a huge run-on-sentence that gave me a gigantic headache while wading through them! The directions did not appeal to my ADHD inner-self! Thanks, mightyro! Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.Reply