- Ready In:
12 pancake balls
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Separate eggs and beat whites until stiff. Mix all other ingredients and beat until smooth. Fold in egg whites.
- Heat 1 teaspoons of vegetable oil or butter in each aebleskiver depression.
- Pour batter in each cup, leaving about 1/4 " at the top of each depression.
- Using a knitting needle, wooden skewer, or fork, turn pancake about 1/4 of the way around when bubbles appear around the edge.
- Wait for bubbles to appear and turn again (should complete the ball, but if not, wait for bubbles and turn once more.).
- Allow time for the center to cook.
- Traditionally served sprinkled with powdered sugar and jam (Raspberry!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm $39.95 and holding ... I'm a chocoholic ... I like to bake ... I'm also a cookbookaholic! and did I mention I like chocolate? <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">