Acapulco Margarita Grouper
- Ready In:
- PLACE FISH IN A LARGE DISH.
- COMBINE TEQUILA, TRIPLE SEC, LIMEJUICE, SALT, GARLIC AND 1 TABLESPOON OIL AND POUR OVER FILETS AND RUB INTO FISH.
- COVER AND MARINATE FOR 1/2 HOUR AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, TURNING FILLETS ONCE.
- COMBINE TOMATOES, ONIONS, CHILES, CILANTRO, SUGAR AND SALT TO TASTE.
- HEAT THE GRILL TO VERY HOT.
- REMOVE FILLETS FROM MARINADE, PAT DRY AND RESERVE MARINADE.
- BRUSH FILLETS WITH 1 T. OIL AND GRIND PEPPER TO TASTE OVER FILLETS.
- GRILL FOR ABOUT 4 MINUTES PER SIDE.
- MEANWHILE,BOIL MARINADE IN SAUCEPAN FOR 2 MINUTES, REMOVE GARLIC CLOVES AND SPOON A LITTLE OVER FISH.
- SPOON SALSA OVER FISH AND SERVE.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We had this last night and it was some of the best fish I have ever had! We couldn't find the 'grill-thingy' for fish so we used a couple of cedar planks. Even without soaking the planks it worked perfectly. It was served with grilled zucchini and basmati rice. I will make this often. Thanx! Update: I have mad this more times than I can count. I do use a shortcut and but prepared pico de gallo and sometimes use a mango salsa. And I always use the cedar planks. I've used all sorts of firm white fish too. Tonight it is chilean sea bass!