2blue's Pepperoni Ravioli
photo by gertc96
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup marinara sauce (recommended 2bleu's 2 Minute 2 Easy Pizza Sauce)
- 2 puff pastry sheets (recommended Mock Puff Pastry Dough (Made so Easy!))
- 1 egg (mixed with 1 tbsp water for egg wash)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or you can use the egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 400°F In a small bowl, mix pepperoni, mozzarella and pizza sauce. Set aside.
- Roll out pastry dough into two 4x12-inch strips. On the bottom length of each strip of dough, place 1 small teaspoon of filling at 1/2" intervals.
- Brush egg wash between filling spaces and around half of the outer edges. (keep in mind, egg wash will stick to dough, but not to itself). Fold top over and press to seal between each ravioli and on outer edges. Brush with melted butter.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut between the raviolis. Place onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool slightly as filling will be hot!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are delicious! I also used frozen puff pastry sheets, and my own tomato sauce. I often make similar savoury snacks for the family, these are a little different and very nice! DD1 has taken half back to Varsity, and DD2 will use the rest for school lunches this week.. If DH is fast enough, maybe he will get one too, ha ha!! Oh, I brushed with beaten egg, just because I normally do, I only noticed the directions for melted butter now, sorry! I'll try it next time!
These were delicious. A quote from my 5 yr old son, "They look good, they smell good, uuummmmm they are really really really good. I prepared this using Recipe#255242. I will have to admit though that I bought the pastry sheets. I buy the kind from the refrigerator section that is in a box and you just have to unroll. We will be making these again.
These were a hit around my house. I served them for lunch today and everyone loved them. Makes an easy throw together lunch with frozen puff pastry. The only thing I'll do different next time is reduce the cheese a little just as a personal preference. Thanx for posting. These are delicious!! Made for PRMR Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?