photo by Johnsonville Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Andouille Dinner Sausage, cut into 1/4 -inch slices
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cajun creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) box jambalaya rice mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine sausage, shrimp or chicken with Cajun Creole seasoning; toss to coat.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, shrimp or chicken, cooking and stirring until shrimp turn pink or chicken is no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions. In addition, add one-half of the tomatoes into the rice preparation. After 12 minutes of cooking, add remaining tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and parsley.
- Continue to cook on low, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add sausage, shrimp or chicken to rice; stir until heated through. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Made with only premium cuts of pork and the perfect blend of spices, Johnsonville Italian Sausage is the perfect ingredient for your favorite dishes.</p> <p>This is a sponsored profile.</p>