chicken breast, skinned, boned, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
1 -2 teaspoon
thinly sliced onion
green bell pepper, strips
red bell pepper, strips
pizza dough, for 12 inch pizza
( you can use refrigerated pizza crust if you like(I like Pizza Dough #8497 by Steve Sickenberger)
monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add onions and bell peppers, cook an additional minute or so until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Sprinkle pizza pan with semolina flour and press dough into pan.
- Pre-bake dough until it is a very light golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter chicken over crust, spoon salsa over chicken, spread vegetable mixture over that, and finally, top with cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until crust is golden brown.