Recipe by CookingLaura
This is my favorite soup. This recipe is supposedly from someone who used to work at Olive Garden according to tuscanrecipes.com. This recipe tastes exactly like it does at Olive Garden. I love it! Here for safe keeping, considering I've already lost it once!
Top Review by cmr1120
Great recipe! It was a major hit with the family! It really does taste just like Olive Garden's soup! I love how easy it was to make too! Will definitely be making this over and over again! I also didn't use heavy cream since it's so expensive. I did the substitute of 3/4 cup milk 1/3 cup butter. It turned out great! Thanks for sharing!
- 453.59 g mild Italian sausage
- 7.39 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large diced onion, white
- 59.16 ml bacon, chopped
- 9.85 ml garlic
- 2365.9 ml water
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 3 sliced potatoes, Russet works well
- 0 bunch kale
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage from casings if applicable. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving. Delicious!