Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A restaurant tasting recipe I got from a friend -- neither one of us is hot on zucchini, but this is really good. The original recipe is for one serving, with just 1/2 tsp each of curry & mustard, but I always add more spice! It also tastes great without the yogurt!
- 4 fresh zucchini
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- make rice.
- rinse and chop zucchini into bite size pieces.
- heat oil and saute onion, garlic& curry until golden/onions are clear.
- add zucchini, mustard and broth.
- stir well, bring to boil.
- reduce heat, cover & simmer 10 minutes.
- let cool 15 minutes.
- transfer to blender and puree.
- return to saucepan and stir in yogurt and rice.
- heat through and serve.
My favorite kind of recipe to make: so easy to make and still sooo satisfying. I made the recipe without yogurt.
Very good. I used sour cream instead of yogurt and it's great. I can't wait til lunch tomorrow. I love the mustard in this. At first I forgot to add it and the soup was okay but with the dijon... wow tastey. Thanks. I'll always make my zucchini this way.
I made this last night for dinner and it was great! I used 5 zucchini and added 1 tsp salt and 3 cups cooked rice (because we like more texture) but other than that I made it as is. Very velvety with lots of flavor. Even with the extra rice it was only 102.5 calories per cup and made 12 cups. Thank you for sharing!