1/3 Photos of Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam Kicked up With Habanero's
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs seeded and cubed zucchini
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 6 -8 habaneros
- 1 -3 ounce crystallized ginger (use more if you like more kick less if you don`t!I myself like a lot!)
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 ounces of ball fruit jell (liquid pectin) or 3 ounces Certo (liquid pectin)
- 1 (6 ounce) box pineapple Jell-O
- food coloring (Red and yellow)
- 1Place zucchini, pineapples, habanero`s and crystallized ginger in a food processor and puree.
- 2Add to a heavy bottom pot with sugar and boil for 20 minutes. That`s a rolling boil.
- 3Stirring all the while.
- 4Add Certo and bring to a full rolling boil for 1 more minute add jello and stir to blend.
- 5Add some red food coloring and more yellow to produce a color to your liking.
- 6Ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. (Filling 4-1 pint jars or 8 1/2 pint jars.I like to do the 8 jars because there would be more to give as gifts.) Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- 7Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Label, Decorate, And Gift!
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam Kicked up With Habanero's
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: