1/2 Photos of Zucchini-Pepper Relish
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Too much zucchini? Try this wonderful relish and enjoy your zucchini year round. It is really good on hotdogs or hamburgers. The yield is a guess, as I always at least double this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, finely chop zucchini, using an on/off motion.
- 2Put zucchini in a large bowl.
- 3Finely chop onions in food processor.
- 4Add to zucchini in the bowl.
- 5Remove seeds from, and finely chop peppers by hand.
- 6Add to bowl.
- 7Sprinkle everything with salt.
- 8Stir to blend.
- 9Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 10Drain off liquid.
- 11Rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- 12Drain, pressing out liquid.
- 13In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, dry mustard, celery seed, pepper, and turmeric.
- 14Bring to a boil, stirring.
- 15Add the drained zucchini mixture.
- 16Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 17Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until thickened and zucchini mixture is tender.
- 18Combine water and cornstarch.
- 19Add to zucchini mixture.
- 20Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until clear and thickened.
- 21Seal in sterilized bottles and process in a water bath for 5 minutes.
- 22How I sterilize bottles: Wash bottles well in hot soapy water.
- 23Dry them.
- 24Put a cookie sheet in the oven, with the bottles on the cookie sheet, right side up.
- 25Heat oven to 225F.
- 26Leave bottles at this temperature for 10 minutes.
- 27Turn off oven.
- 28Leave bottles in there until you need them.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Pepper Relish
Serving Size: 1 (2891 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1248.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 299.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 279.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g