Hot Jalapeno Pepper Relish
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Wash and remove stems and chop peppers.
- In a 6-8 quart pot combine peppers and remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Immediately fill jars with mixture, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Carefully run a plastic knife down inside of jar to remove bubbles.
- Wipe jars and threads clean.
- Adjust two piece caps.
- Process pints or half pints in boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
THis is a great relish! It tastes a lot like one we used to buy at a gas station in Roan's Prairie, TX. I seeded about 1/2 the jalapenos, and also added 2 habaneros and some serrano peppers. I put in a chopped red bell pepper and 1 grated carrot to add color. I'll be making this every year, too. Thanks Sandy!