1/2 Photos of Zucchini "Pasta" with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Nice light luncheon or side dish or even a first course for a dinner party. from Canadian Living mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 small zucchini, trimmed (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf, sugar, salt and pepper, cook, uncovered, for 7 to 10 minutes or until excess moisture has evaporated.
- 3Remove bay leaf.
- 4Meanwhile, slice unpeeled zucchini lengthwise into long wide strips about 1/8 inch thick.
- 5(Use a veggie slicer or I find a veggie peeler is best, in long single swipes.) In a large frypan, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil over high heat.
- 6Add half of the zucchini strips and half of the garlic, sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne, cook, stirring almost constantly for about 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender and golden, being careful not to break it.
- 7Remove to paper towel lined baking sheet and keep warm in low oven.
- 8Repeat with remaining oil, zucchini, garlic and cayenne.
- 9Arrange zucchini mixture on warmed serving platter.
- 10Pour sauce over and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini "Pasta" with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 337.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: