Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce
Starting with fresh tomatoes keeps the sodium levels low in this recipe. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 T of the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and tomato paste to pan and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes have begun to lose their shape.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon olive oil and basil.
- Place pasta in large bowl and stir in sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION