Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another great way to use zucchini. Can be served as a side dish or main course. Hope you enjoy
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 lbs small zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 -7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, eggs and milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in zucchini, cheese, onion, chilies, parsley and garlic.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine croutons and butter, stirring until coated.
- Sprinkle on casserole. Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes.
This was toatally awesome! I added a bit more garlic than called for, and used marble instead of Jack cheese, I didn't have any seasoned croutons, so I subbed 1-1/2 cups of breadcrumbs mixed with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup melted butter. Great recipe to use up my large crop of zuchinni, I look forward to making this again, we enjoyed it very much. Thanks so much Just Cher for posting...Kittencal:)
This was really easy and very good. It was a nice change to the usual tomato/zucchini combo.