Recipe by UnknownChef86
A delicious, moist chocolate cake. I got this recipe at the public library when I was 8 years old. A library patron with a zucchini surplus had left a pile of zucchini with a selection of zucchini recipes, free for the taking. I helped myself to a zucchini and copied out this recipe. It quickly became a family favourite.
Top Review by SoupCookie
H2B devoured this! I love that it wasn't a fussy recipe! I made it bundt style and used 3 egg whites and about 1 1/4 cups sugar, then added in about 1/2 cup of semi-sweet morsels! This was delicious and I will be making it over and over again!
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar (or less)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugar in a large bowl; add eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in orange zest and zucchini.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add to margarine mixture alternately with milk.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes in a greased 9 x 13 or bundt pan.
- If desired, after cooling and turning out 15 minutes, top with glaze made from 2 cups icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2 1/2 to 3 Tbsp milk.