Recipe by Parvulus
These zucchini cakes make an elegant appetizer. Be careful with the nutmeg, it can quickly take over the taste, less is more.
Top Review by Baby Kato
I enjoyed these zucchini cakes very much Parvalus. They were quick and easy to make with great textures and flavor. Made exactly as written. Wouldn't change a thing. They made a lovely lunch indeed. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring Pac. 2012.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the zucchini, place into paper towels and squeeze to release the excess water.
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Using a heaping tablespoon form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add patties and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.