Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first made this for DD who would not eat zucchini...and she loved it.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 medium zucchini, 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- salt and pepper
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 4 tbsp butter in large frying pan.
- Add zucchini and saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add breadcrumb mixture, soup, cheese, onion and salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
Made this using a can of celery soup rather than the mushroom kind, & other than that, the recipe was followed, all for a very nice tasting zucchini dish! Another time, though, I'd like to try it using some nutty, whole grain bread crumbs that I often prepare for these kinds of dishes! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]