This is the first zucchini recipe I ever tasted and it is still my absolute favorite after all of these years. Thanks Mom for discovering it.
- Cook zucchini in boiling, salted water, 2-3 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Saute beef, onions, garlic and seasonings until onions are transparent.
- Stir in rice and tomato sauce.
- Blend cottage cheese and egg in separate bowl.
- Arrange 1/2 zucchini slices in a buttered casserole.
- Spoon meat-rice mixture, then spread with cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining zucchini slices.
- Sprinkle on cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.