1/1 Photo of Zosia's Polish Dill Pickle Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This Dill Pickle Soup tastes just like the one they serve at the Polish Village Cafe in Hamtramck, MI, a long time Polish city next to Detroit. If you ever get a chance, stop into eat there. If you grew up Polish, it feels like you're eating in Grandma's basement. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 5 polish dill pickles, coarsely grated (from the jar)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large saucepan or soup pot with cover, combine chicken broth (or stock), bouillon, carrots, potatoes and celery.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered, over low heat, til potatoes start to get soft (about 10 minutes).
- 3Do not over cook. Add pickles and continue cooking about 15 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, beat milk and flour til smooth and stir in a small amount of the hot soup (to temper) and add to soup.
- 5Bring to the boil and cook til slightly thickened.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7In a small bowl, beat egg with sour cream till smooth and stir in a small amount of the hot soup.
- 8Add to soup and stir til smooth.
- 9Keep soup warm but DO NOT BOIL (the soup will curdle).
- 10Salt and pepper to taste
- 11Garnish with parsley and dill (optional).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zosia's Polish Dill Pickle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 916.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g