1/1 Photo of Ziti Casserole Delight
Southern Lady's Note:
I came up with this recipe after starting with a basic ziti recipe I found off another website. I began adding a few more ingredients and less of others and ended up with a keeper. I've baked in my toaster oven during the warmer months. If you use your T.O. reduce baking time by 10 minutes or casserole will be on the dry side. It's an easy Italian comfort food - Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef (90/10 works best)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cream or 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups prepared/commercial spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Prepare oven at 350 degrees.
- 2Cook ziti according to package instructions, reducing the time by 5 minutes (this is important or pasta may be overcooked after baking casserole).
- 3Meanwhile, saute chopped onion with ground beef in 10-12" skillet until beef is browned.
- 4Add minced garlic to meet mixture and cook on low heat for 3 minutes.
- 5Drain Ziti and leave in colander for the time being.
- 6Combine drained mushrooms, sour cream, grated parmesan, half& half, spaghetti sauce, red wine, oregano, salt, and pepper to the beef mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 7Stir in ziti to the meat mixture until all ziti is coated with mixture.
- 8Pour into an ungreased 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 9Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- 10Place in pre-heated oven and bake 35-40 minutes (or until bubbly and lightly golden brown on top).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ziti Casserole Delight
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.4
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.5 mg
- Sodium 1591.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 43.1 g