Recipe by Food for thought
This has the earthy taste of the roasted vegetables, the sweetness of the pear and the zing of the dried red pepper flakes. This was created today and enjoyed immensely
- 3 medium red peppers, roasted and peeled
- 6 ripe tomatoes, roasted until caramelized
- 20 ounces chicken broth or 20 ounces vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 ripe pear, chopped
- 1 medium baking potato
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup creamo or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup fine grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast red peppers then remove blacked skin and seeds.
- Roast halved, skin side down, tomatoes with sprinkling of olive oil, dried basil or oregano, a sprinkle of sugar and salt and pepper and garlic.
- Blend the above until very smooth and add to 20 oz of chicken broth.
- Peel and core a ripe pear (Bartlett) and chop into broth, peel and dice potato and add to the above.
- Cook on medium heat until potato just tender, check for seasoning adding more herbs and spices as needed.
- Lastly add some single cream, half and half, creamo or evaporated milk (your choice).
- Sprinkle a tablespoonful of parmesan cheese over each bowl.
- Eat and enjoy!