1/8 Photos of Zippity Dooo Daaaa Orzo Salad!
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This is a fabulous salad that is SURE to please all of your guests. It is easy to increase or decrease the size of the recipe to suit your needs. Dont use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for this salad. Use an olive oil suitable for salads. I really hope you enjoy my creation!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil, for salads
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 3/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1First cook your orzo pasta per package directions, cooking until al dente, and drain.
- 2In a medium sized, nonreactive bowl, gradually beat together the lime zest, lemon juice, salad quality olive oil, basil, garlic, and mustard until an emulsion forms.
- 3Then season the oil mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Mix your pasta, feta cheese, peppers, tomatoes, capers, kalmata olives, and chopped red onion together in a bowl.
- 5Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and mix to combine.
- 6Add oregano and green onions, toss, and then add extra salt and pepper to your tastes.
- 7Chill salad for 1-2 hours for best results.
- 8You can make this in the morning and even serve it in the evening, but dont save it for too long (you wont have leftovers I promise LOL).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippity Dooo Daaaa Orzo Salad!
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 575.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: