Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very tasty, you can make it as hot or as mild as you want. Quick easy dish - no muss no fuss
Make and share this Zesty Low-Fat Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (your choice hot or mild)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Put the breasts in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk remaining ingredients (except cornstarch) together until they are well blended.
- Pour over the breasts.
- Coat both sides of the breasts with the sauce.
- Bake in 400°F oven for approx 30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove breasts, keep warm pour the sauce into a sauce pan stir in the cornstarch that has been mixed with a tbsp of water, bring to a boil and allow to thicken whisk constantly.
- Pour over the chicken & serve.
5 stars! What an excellent recipe! I cut the recipe in half and left out the chili powder as I used a hot salsa. Also didn't need to thicken the sauce as it came out just right and there was the perfect amount of it too. The cumin is great in this recipe, adds so much flavour. I will be making this again soon!
Very good. Like Evie I used mild salsa and only one tsp of chili powder, but I could have used the full amount I could not taste it. I only used two chicken breasts so I had a little sauce left over. I thickened the sauce with potato flakes, first time I tried this and it worked great no more messing with flour or corn starch for me.
This was terrific! I used tomato paste instead of ketchup, and added some minced garlic as well - other than that I followed the recipe. And it was so easy too! We had it with salsa rice, broccoli, and a sliced cucumber/sour cream salad. Highly recommend trying this one!