Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (mustard powder)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (a.k.a. chicken breast halves)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil (or spray with nonstick spray).
- In a small bowl, stir together dry mustard and vinegar.
- Add honey, Dijon mustard, thyme and oregano.
- Mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts on the baking pan.
- Brush with half of the honey mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken breasts over.
- Brush the other side with the remaining honey mixture.
- Bake for 10 more min utes, or until juices are clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is definitely quick, simple and low fat. The texture of the chicken is moist and tender, which we also liked. However, it looks and tastes pretty boring. Perhaps the chicken could rest in the honey mixture for the day, infusing it with more flavor. And perhaps a fruity salsa could top the chicken after it's baked to provide a better presentation and give it some taste and texture. Cornelia, this is a great basic recipe to play around with.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hubby is a policeman and Texas State Guardsman and I am a surgery nurse and a member of the Red Hat Society. :) We have two grown sons and three grandchildren. We, also, have a female Min-Pin, a female Yorkie, and a male longcoat Chihuahua...quite a handful. :) I enjoy collecting vintage recipes, vintage cookbooks of all kinds, and kitchen gadgets. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg">