Balsamic-Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat an electric grill for high heat. When hot, brush the cooking surfaces with olive oil or use nonstick cooking spray. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, add to grill and cook until lightly browned, in two batches, if necessary. Remove chicken from grill and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the onions and garlic, and cook on low heat until wilted, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the tomato puree and broth and bring to a boil.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken breasts to a platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Whisk together the vinegar and honey in a small bowl and pour into the pan, stirring. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and garnish with chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved it!...this is easy to prepare and the flavors are delicious! I did like another reviewer and used tomato paste...with added chicken broth...worked great...so I had it for dinner last night (hot) and also for my lunch today...giggle...lunch was eaten cold...yummo...oh...and because I didn't have parsley I used cilantro...cuz I love that stuff...this is a keeper..:)
see 4 more reviews