Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts With Rosemary and Toasted Almonds
photo by carolinajewel
- Ready In:
Same day as serving or *day ahead:
- Toast almonds in broiler 30 seconds-1 minute, watch carefully so you don't burn them! Cool, transfer to covered container.
- In 6-quart pot or dutch oven, combine onion, celery, carrot, parsley, salt, pepper, rosemary, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, add chicken breasts and cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes or til chicken is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Use now, or refrigerate overnight.
Now or next day:
- Remove pot from fridge and place over low heat.
- Cook til chicken is heated through, about 10 minutes, covered.
- Remove chicken from broth and place skin-side up in large, shallow baking dish or pan.
- Spoon 1 cup of broth into pan.
- Strain remaining broth and save for another use.(Discarding veggies.).
- Using a pastry brush, brush chicken with half of the honey.
- Broil 4" from heat source for 2 minutes.
- Brush again with a little more honey and broil 1-2 minutes longer.
- Brush with remaining honey and broil til chicken is glazed and golden brown.
- Remove from broiler and arrange chicken on heated platter.
- Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and garnsh with crisp watercress and small clumps of grapes if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4-8.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Former caterer and restaurant owner taking life slower now and just enjoying photographing my food creations and blogging them! Pop on over to my blog to see over 800 of my recipes at Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen @ wildflourskitchen.com !