1/5 Photos of Zesty Candied Bacon
The original recipe comes from Susan Branch's "Christmas" book. This has become our traditional holiday side dish for Christmas and New Year's Day breakfasts. Use a different type of mustard to punch up the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain fat between batches.
- 2In a small bowl, mix sugar and mustard.
- 3Once the last batch of bacon is fried and the grease poured off, put all the bacon back in the pan (over low heat).
- 4Spoon the sugar mixture over the bacon and toss to coat. Work quickly as it sets up very fast.
- 5Remove to serving platter, keeping pieces from touching (they stick); serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Candied Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.7
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 656.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 8.8 g