Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The original recipe comes from Susan Branch's "Christmas" book. This has become our traditional holiday side dish for Christmas and New Year's Day breakfasts. Use a different type of mustard to punch up the flavor.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain fat between batches.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and mustard.
- Once the last batch of bacon is fried and the grease poured off, put all the bacon back in the pan (over low heat).
- Spoon the sugar mixture over the bacon and toss to coat. Work quickly as it sets up very fast.
- Remove to serving platter, keeping pieces from touching (they stick); serve immediately.
This bacon was gobbled up with our fried eggs and toast so fast, we were licking the plates in no time! We loved the combo of flavors with the bacon. So yumm!
This bacon is just the thing to serve when you want something special for breakfast, or when you have company. Goes great with just about any other breakfast item! I loved the flavor of the bacon and I think you will too!
This was delicious. It would be five stars, but for some reason the sugar/mustard mixture didn't set on my bacon, and it ended up gooey and chewy--I think I might have just had far too much of the mixture. I'll definitely try again and see if it works better, though. Thanks for the delicious recipe!