Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup was a lunch time staple for me while I was on Weight Watchers. I am a little picky with my veggies but this is the version I make for myself. Feel free to add any of your favorite free veggies.
- 6 cups nonfat beef broth
- 3 cups green cabbage, Diced
- 1 1⁄3 cups carrots, Sliced
- 1 cup onion, Diced
- 4 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 stalks celery, Diced
- 1 bell pepper, Diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, Chopped
- Add all the ingredients into a large pot or slow-cooker.
- Feel free to add any other Zero Points Vegetables (Weight Watchers).
- Simmer until Veggies are cooked.
- Season to taste.
- Note: Depending on my mood I will exchange the Beef broth for Fat-Free Chicken Broth or Fat-Free Vegetable Broth.
This soup is a winning point saver. I added cauliflower instead of the celery and sliced a corgette (zucchini). Added soy sauce and red chili flakes, which spiced/flavored it nicely. I also added 3/4 or so leftover no meat pasta sauce, which didn't add any points. This soup is *very* filling and I will be making it regularly from now on. Thanks for posting!
Tried a lot of WW soups and love them - this one too!! :) Didn't think I would enjoy it with the mushrooms but I did!! Did a double batch and used a whole can of tomato paste. Also added some tabasco and some oregano. Thanks PiceSeasGirl! :)
Yummy! It was a little thick so I added a can of V-8.