Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is adapted from Whole Wheat Biscuits. I get great results making them in bulk & freezing them. I also use freshly milled whole wheat flour, from white hard spring wheat, which is a bit lighter than flour from red hard spring wheat.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt.
- mix in margarine (i use a kitchen aid mixer with a blade).
- Add milk, mix quickly.
- Turn out onto a floured board.
- Knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll to 1/2 or 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 2 inch round biscuits (i use a wine glass).
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
these were ok. Better than the other recipe I made with it to compare. These were lighter, but still HEAVY. I was asked not to make these again by all 9 people I fed tonight.
I tried these tonight because I needed something I could make QUICK! They were easy and tasted great. I rolled some out to 1/2 inch, and rolled some thicker, probably just under an inch -- the thicker ones were yummier. I think these would be absolutely delish for breakfast, with butter and jam.