Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are delicious and help keep the carbs in check since you only use one piece of bread. You can use fat free mayo to make it even more healthy but I don't personally like it.
- 2 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in water
- 1 small roma tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely diced
- to taste salt and pepper
- Toast the bread.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except tomato slices.
- Line toast with tomato slices and top with tuna mixture.
- This is even better if you mix up the tuna mixture the day or night before and let the flavors meld.
I love tuna salad! I made one sandwich like this for lunch yesterday and then last night, I made one into a tuna melt with cheddar! Made for PAC Fall 2012
I almost always include pickle relish in my tuna salad, but stuck with what was listed here this time around & found your recipe most satisfying! Used a very nutty, whole grain bread! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
Very good and very simple. Left out the red pepper (personal preference) and added a bit of relish instead. Thanks!