Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy marinade for flank steak with a nice combination of sweet and spice. (Prep time includes time for marinating)
- flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (I like to use pomegranate balsamic vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Whisk briskly until all ingredients are mixed well together.
- Place flank steak in gallon ziploc bag.
- Pour marinade over flank steak.
- Be sure that the steak is entirely covered.
- Close/seal bag or container and place in refrigerator.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill or broil to desired doneness (approx. 4 minutes per side for rare).
- After removing from grill let sit for several minutes before carving.
- Slice thinly.