Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got the original recipe from taste of home but changed it to suit our tastes. A delicious Muffin! I think this is my favorite of all! I highly recommend using the nutmeg.
- In a large bowl combine Flour, sugar, Baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter.
- In separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and pears.
- Stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon into lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.
I used fresh pear in this recipe. The muffins have a great taste. But it's hard to taste the pear. Thanks Elaniemay :) Made for the Best of 2011 tag game
Yumm Yumm says it all!
Because the pears were not good in my store I chose to use canned ones instead. Looking forward to making this again with fresh ones.
These are sooo delish!!